RSVP for In-Person Worship – Jan. 24, 2021
Safety protocols will be in place to keep everyone healthy. No childcare is available at this time. We will allow a limited number of people in our worship spaces and masks are required during the services.
Do I really need to register for in-person, indoor services?
- Yes, please It will help our staff prepare for each individual service and plan when additional indoor services may need to be added to the schedule.
What will the services be like?
- Traditional and Open Door worship will each last an hour or less and include prayer, songs by a soloist or small group, and a sermon. We will not sing together. Offering may be given online or in offering boxes at various locations thoughout our campus.
What precautions will be taken?
- Physical distancing (6′) between individuals and household units will be required while on church property.
- Face masks will be required of all worshippers, 10 and older, that cover both nose and mouth from the time you are approaching other worshippers entering the building until the time you have exited the building and distanced from other worshippers.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all entrances.
- Service will be intentionally touch-free (no hugs or handshakes, no bulletins, single use children’s worship bags, no passing of the offering plates, no items in the pew/chair backs).
I’m not ready to come to indoor, in-person service. What about me?
On Sundays we will still be offering our online pre-recorded worship services. Our interactive online traditional service at 9 AM with our online pastor, Rev. Sandy Heard. http://www.fumcrockwall.com/online/
Open Door will still have their service at 11 AM on FACEBOOK LIVE with Rev. Katie Newsome.
- Virtual learning communities and small groups will continue this fall.
Please refer to the “First UMC Rockwall Phased Re-Entry Plan” on our website – http://www.fumcrockwall.com/re-entryplan/
Copies are available in the church office, Building A.
Current Status: Phase 3, page 7