WILKINSON CENTER THANKSGIVING BASKETS Drive and Distribution
Family to Family
A holiday mission in November by the families of First UMC Rockwall!
Be a part of Wilkinson Center’s Annual Turkey Basket Drive and Distribution as First UMC Rockwall folks collect turkey baskets for hundreds of underserved families. This inspiring opportunity can involve every member of your family in compassionate mission together! These Thanksgiving turkey baskets can be a gift from one family to another, in Christ.
First UMC Rockwall’s Goal – 365 Baskets
What is in a Thanksgiving Basket?
- Basket/Container for the food. Be festive and creative!! Let the basket/container that holds the food reflect your holiday traditions. This is sharing your family with another family. Consider using a container that is functional as well as decorative.
- Frozen turkey
- Canned vegetables such as: green beans, corn, peas, cranberry, etc.
- Gravy (jar or mix)
- Boxed stuffing/dressing mix and/or boxed potato mix
- Bread, Rolls and/or cornbread mix
- Ingredients for making a Pumpkin or Pecan pie or a fresh pie
- Include food items or recipe ingredients that are part of your Thanksgiving Celebration!
- Financial donations are also accepted to purchase turkey vouchers from Butterball. All checks payable to Wilkinson Center.
- Festive paper plates and table ware
- Thanksgiving decorations
- We’d like turkeys to be completely frozen at delivery so we can ensure a safe meal for our clients on Thanksgiving!
- Wrap your turkey in a grocery bag to keep condensation from spoiling other items in your basket.
Thank you for being part of this holiday mission! Bring your prepared/ready-for-delivery turkey basket to First Rockwall on the morning of either Monday, Nov. 25 or Tuesday, Nov. 26. Someone will be on-hand to receive your basket by 7 AM-11 AM each day.
You can also serve this mission by helping deliver the turkey baskets to Wilkinson Center! Just be on the First UMC parking lot at 11:30 a.m. on either Monday or Tuesday, Nov. 25 or 26, to follow the loaded truck down to the Wilkinson Center food pantry on Buckner Blvd. Once there, we will unload the truck and quickly tour the pantry.