Ways To Serve & Encourage During The COVID-19 Days
You, your family, your friends, your neighbors, your First UMC small group, your business ...
- Support, thank, & encourage the staffs at Rockwall County’s Medical Centers:
*take a look: www.fumcrockwall.com/angeltaskforce
a. Personal messages, prayers, thank-you’s, encouraging video clips by you to hospital staff – email to: BSWHLKPCARES@BSWHealth.org
b. On BSW Lake Pointe’s Ways-To-Give webpage: Providing Pre-packaged meals for staff
- Child-care or tutoring for employees’ children
- Homemade masks
- Manufactured PPE items
- Books, magazines, puzzles for patients
- Number to the Frontline messages of encouragement
- Money donation to employees’ emergency assistance
2. Texas Health Presbyterian Medical Center, Rockwall: www.texashealth.org/Foundation
*take a look: donate meals to feed hospital staff on shift, etc.
- Send a Thank You Message
- Provide a medical supplies donation (no homemade masks)
- Money donation to THPMC’s COVID-19 Response Fund
3. Support Helping Hands Of Rockwall County:
*take a look: Food Pantry needs (via posted Amazon Wish List)
- Pressing Food Pantry shortages: chili, canned fruit, jelly, sugar, tuna-chicken-beef Helper, kid-friendly candy, snacks, cooking oil
- “Virtual” Volunteering
- Money Donations
4. Support One Man’s Treasure: www.onemanstr.org
972-771-4141 or 888-433-9826
*take a look: Clothing ministry/critically depleted items: men’s washable pants & jeans .. men’s shirts sizes XL, 2XL, 3XL, & larger ...men’s shoes all kinds including work boots … winter jackets
- Money donations to help cover unanticipated costs of shipping
- Clothes to clients due to COVID-19 restrictions (a box of men’s clothes cost $25 to ship)
5. Support Women In Need: www.wintexas.org
*take a look: items needed at the shelter: hand sanitizer, face masks, latex gloves, antibacterial hand soap, all types paper products (including toilet paper), gasoline gift cards, food donations
- Money donations
6. The Bold Women of Lovers Lane UMC: Will you help sew face masks? Kits are prepared with materials and directions. We just need our First UMC Rockwall sewers with sewing machines and basic sewing supplies (thread, pins, iron and scissors). They need our help! If you are interested please sign up.
This COVID-19 days service opportunities listing will be updated periodically. Check back from time to time. Arrangements can be made with these agencies for their direct reception of donated items. Contact Missions Minister Clay Womack, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have need to drop off your donations at First UMC Rockwall instead of direct delivery.
You also profoundly serve & support by prayer, by encouraging others to join you in supporting those who labor, and by sharing heartfelt expressions of caring, appreciation, and grace where you are led to do. Many First UMC Rockwall folks are creating their spaces & actions of COVID days service. Be one of them! And stay well, safe, and wise.