Youth Choir Tour – July 6-13, 2019
Where are we going?
Amarillo, TX – Santa Fe, NM – Pagosa Springs, CO – Durango, CO – Albuquerque, NM – Lubbock, TX
What will we do on tour?
SING – Bring performances to the communities we visit and share the love of God.
• Sing 5-10 performances during our tour, including places such as churches, homeless shelters, children and youth homes, and retirement homes.
PLAY – Take joy in God’s creation and the areas we visit.
• Visit the Loretto Chapel and experience the plaza in Santa Fe, NM.
• Tube the San Juan River or visit the hot springs in Pagosa Springs, CO.
• Ride the Silverton Train from Durango to Silverton, CO.
• Mountain slide and other activities at the Purgatory Resort in Durango, CO.
• And more…
WORSHIP – Put oneself in front of the living God through music and teaching.
• To experience and live new insights and understanding of God’s love to everyone.
WHY TOUR? If you enjoy making music and visiting new places, we hope you can join us! But that’s just the beginning of what we do. We tour…
• To allow God to work in us and through us in a different way that in our home church.
• To witness how God works in others and to share the love of God to those that we meet.
• To be open to the surprises God has in store for us.
• To encounter God in His creation and be transformed.
TOUR COST $300
(Sibling discounts available*)
April 28, 7 PM** – 1st payment of $100 DUE
** Online Registration must be completed by April 28.
May 26, 7 PM – 2nd payment of $100 DUE
June 30, 7 PM – 3rd payment of $100 DUE
FUNDRAISING – The total cost of this tour is far greater than the singers’ contributions. All singers are expected to participate in the fundraising activities supporting this tour, including…
• The “Money Map” (Sundays – 4/14, 4/21, 4/28, 5/5, 5/12)
• Bake Sale (Sunday – 4/14)
• Mother’s Day Flower Sale ( Sunday – 5/12)
SIBILING DISCOUNTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
Tours are such a wonderful experience and we want every singer who wants to go to participate. Unfortunately, these trips can potentially create hardships. Parents may contact the Director of Music and Arts, Vail Keck, to discuss how we can help alleviate financial pressure. Families with multiple siblings will be granted a reduced cost.
Should you drop out before the tour departs, the portion of your payments already committed will be retained by First UMC Rockwall.
PARENTS – Please contact Vail Keck, email@example.com, if you are able to assist with any aspect of the tour – organizing, fundraising, etc…